- ABT Sportsline will assume the new car manufacturer’s warranty for its customers who have received an increase in engine performance or maximum speed by means of a control unit modification with the following exceptions (only valid in the following countries: Austria, Italy, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and Poland). A mobility guarantee and a claim for a replacement vehicle are not included in the warranty.
- The warranty ends 2 years after initial delivery of the vehicle or upon arrival at 100,000 km, whichever occurs first and regardless of when the control unit modification was made. It is valid for AUDI, VOLKSWAGEN, SEAT, CUPRA or SKODA vehicles. The warranty and the control unit modification cannot be transferred to another vehicle. The right of modification or reduction is limited to the deliveries and services provided by us.
- The control unit modification must have been carried out directly at ABT Sportsline or by an authorised trademark partner in one of the stated countries. There is no claim for reimbursement of costs for return of the vehicle or carried trailer, home travel, accommodation, loss of earnings and other indirect costs.
- If the vehicle manufacturer has an update available for installation, ABT Sportsline shall not assume any external costs (e.g. removal/installation of the control unit, shipping costs, rental car, etc.). Wear parts such as brake discs, pads, clutches, tyres etc. are not covered by the warranty.
- In the event of a claim, ABT Sportsline Technical Service must be informed immediately (telephone +49 831-57140-905 and fax -860). Compulsory commissioning of repair work or the preparation of a fee-based quote requires the prior written approval of ABT Sportsline (form available in the service book or from technical support). An order signed by the customer does not replace this approval. The settlement will be made in accordance with our guidelines for warranty processing.
- ABT Sportsline reserves the right to determine the damage or repair in-house. In this case, the vehicle must be delivered to ABT Sportsline at your own expense and risk. Spare parts are to be sent to us for testing upon request.
- The prerequisite for the provision of any warranty service is the proper use of the vehicle outside motor sports activities and regular maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications. Petrol engines must be fuelled with Super Plus (min. 98 Ron) (except ABT-iS technology vehicles). In the event of additional changes to the vehicle that have a direct or indirect influence on the deliveries and services provided by us, any warranty claim on ABT Sportsline shall be null and void.
- Please also observe our General Terms and Conditions and any additional information in the service booklet accompanying the control unit modification, the data sheets for the respective product, the data acquisition sheet to be signed by you, or the order confirmation.
ABT ENGINE TUNING – MORE PERFORMANCE GUARANTEED
Our commitment to bring out the best in every engine is part of ABT’s family tradition. Whether the task at hand is optimisation of the electronic engine management or retrofitting a turbocharger or compressor – where performance upgrades are concerned, we are in our element, making us the world’s No. 1 for cars from Audi, VW, Seat and Škoda. What’s more, thanks to the experience we have acquired through years of professional racing, we know that it isn’t only about power, but also durability. In the end, only a combination of the two can ensure true and lasting driving pleasure.
ABT NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY
ABT Sportsline GmbH will provide a 2-year warranty within the scope of the factory warranty after initial delivery of the vehicle up to 100,000 km in accordance with the ABT warranty guidelines (only valid in the following countries: Austria, Italy, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and Poland). A mobility guarantee and a claim for a replacement vehicle are not included in the warranty. The ABT warranty is included in the price of the performance upgrade.
If, for example, the performance upgrade from ABT Sportsline GmbH is installed on a vehicle 10 months after initial registration, ABT Sportsline GmbH will assume the manufacturer’s factory warranty for the remaining 14 months up to a maximum of 100,000 km after the initial delivery of the vehicle.
In addition, the ABT extended warranty is available for AUDI, VW, SEAT and CUPRA vehicles with a factory extended warranty. This must be concluded at the time of the provision of services.
The ABT Sportsline extended warranty will incur additional costs depending on your vehicle’s kW output or group. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or your VW, AUDI, SKODA or SEAT dealer.
PERFORMANCE UPGRADE FOR AUDI, VW, SEAT AND CUPRA VEHICLES WITH FACTORY EXTENDED WARRANTY
For vehicles that already have an extended factory warranty via AUDI, VW, SEAT or CUPRA, ABT has been able to take over this warranty in accordance with its own guidelines (for AUDI since 1/1/2013, for VW since 1/1/2016 (with the exception of commercial vehicles) and for SEAT and CUPRA since 01/09/2019). The prerequisite is that a price surcharge is paid immediately after installation of the performance upgrade:
Offer available only in the following countries: Austria, Italy, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and Poland
The ABT extended warranty period is either 1, 2 or 3 years following the 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, but no longer than the existing factory extended warranty.
ABT will take over the provision of the extended warranty from the manufacturer AUDI (as of: 01/8/2009), VW (excluding commercial vehicles), SEAT and CUPRA in accordance with their own guidelines and without the mobility guarantee up to a total mileage similar to the manufacturer’s warranty, but up to a maximum of 120,000 km. Maximum repair claim amount is limited to EUR 10,000 per claim. The extended ABT warranty expires if a cumulative maximum damage amount of EUR 13,000 is reached during the term of the extended warranty.
THE WORLD‘S LARGEST TUNER WITH A UNIQUE CUSTOMER SERVICE
ABT provides a unique customer service via the tight-knit network of Audi and VW partners. For Germany alone, this list includes more than 200 ABT tuning partners, while abroad ABT agencies in more than 60 countries will also give their all.
You have questions relating to our products or you are looking for an individual consultation from our specialist? We will be happy to be of assistance to you!
Products of ABT Sportsline are designed and manufactured according to the strict quality standard ISO 9001. It hardly needs mentioning that they are also TÜV-certified.
You are planning an ABT conversion or need a workshop appointment? We offer a unique service with a perfect timing. Taking care for your perfect satisfaction, we uphold the long-time pleasure you are experiencing with our products.